Maintaining your mental health and wellbeing is important. It allows us to lead healthy lifestyles and is just as important as looking after your physical health.
Our Positive Mental Health Group have come up with 10 top tips for better mental health:
1. Keep active and take regular physical exercise.
2. Eat a healthy balanced diet, with plenty of fruit and vegetables, and eat at least two servings of fish a week, one of which should be oily, unless you have previously had a heart attack in which case we would encourage two servings of oily fish per week.
3. Only drink alcohol in moderation.
4. Value and respect yourself and others.
5. Talk to someone about how you are feeling.
6. Keep in touch with your friends and family.
7. Learn something new - maybe a skill or language.
8. Take a break and relax. Don't try to do too much.
9. Ask someone for help if you need it.
10. Get involved in something positive and make a contribution