Our governors play an integral role in the running of our trust. We currently have 21 governors that represent service users, carers, public, staff and stakeholders.
The roles and responsibilities of the Assembly of Governors, to be undertaken in accordance with the trust’s constitution, are:
- To appoint and remove the chair and other non-executive directors of the foundation trust at a general meeting
- To approve at a general meeting the appointment by the non-executive directors of the chief executive
- To appoint or remove the auditor at a general meeting
- To be consulted by the trust’s board of directors on forward planning and to have the board of governors’ views taken into account
- To be presented with the trust’s annual report and accounts and the report of the auditor on the accounts at a general meeting