Our Home Treatment teams provide timely and accessible help to persons experiencing psychiatric and psychosocial crises by providing intensive treatment in the patient’s home. The Home Treatment Teams also support those patients who are identified as ready for discharge from an inpatient setting but who would need intensive support in the community.
Who uses our service
Patients that are having an acute psychiatric crisis of such severity that, without the involvement of the service, hospitalisation would be necessary. The service is for adults (aged 25+ in Birmingham; aged 18+ in Solihull) who registered with a GP within Birmingham and Solihull.
How we can help
Home Treatment teams offer a 24/7 accessible service which offers:
- Specialist mental health professionals who can respond to acute mental health problems by providing intense home-based therapies and interventions.
- Working alongside service users to develop a care plan that meets individual needs.
- Input until a crisis has been sufficiently resolved and the service user’s mental health has improved to the point that they are able to self-manage.
- Onward referral to appropriate services.
How to access our services
Referrals to our Home Treatment Teams can be made from:
- General Practice and other primary care health professionals
- Community Mental Health Teams
- Out of hours services including the Mental Health Helpline
- Police stations and A&E departments