We provide 24/7 adult inpatient services across Birmingham and Solihull for people with mental health conditions who require treatment within an inpatient setting. Our service is aimed at people who are experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis of such severity that it cannot be managed safely at home with the involvement and interventions of staff in the community. Some service users will have chosen to be admitted to an inpatient ward, whereas others will be detained under the Mental Health Act. We look to build on service users’ strengths, maintaining levels of independence and promoting wellbeing.
Who uses our service
People (aged 25+ in Birmingham; aged 18+ in Solihull) who are experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis of such severity that it cannot be managed safely at home with the involvement and interventions of staff in the community.
How we can help
We provide comprehensive, regular multidisciplinary reviews and effective treatments based on the best available evidence. We pride ourselves in providing:
- A service which is safe for everyone
- A safe, clean, comfortable and welcoming physical environment
- Equality of access and experience for all service users
- A multidisciplinary approach including input from psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, occupational therapists, pharmacists and others.
We promote recovery and inclusion for service users using acute mental health services through:
- Care oriented to strengths and abilities while attending to difficulties and disabilities.
- Helping service users remain connected with their local communities.
- Providing purposeful, stimulating and appropriate mental health and physical activities.