We provide help for a number of common mental health problems. These are listed below. If you want to learn more about any of the disorders listed, click on the link where you will find an information page.
- Depression and low mood
- Anxiety, including Generalised Anxiety Disorder and phobias
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Health anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
When might BHM not be the best service for me?
If you are in crisis and need emergency support, please contact your GP, out of hours service, 111, visit A&E or call 999.
Please note that we are not a counselling service. Counselling is a specific type of talking therapy that involves a trained therapist listening to you and helping you find ways to deal with emotional issues. This is often helpful for issues within relationships/family difficulties, bereavement and childhood issues, and helps individuals come to terms with difficulties from their past. If you would like to access counselling, we frequently signpost to these services:
- St Martin’s Counselling Service: https://www.smchh.co.uk/
- Relate Birmingham: http://relatebirmingham.co.uk/
- Cruse Bereavement Care: https://www.cruse.org.uk/get-help/local-services/west-midlands/birmingham
If there are a variety of situational difficulties for you at the moment and more practical support is needed to resolve these difficulties, here are some of the services available in Birmingham:
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau Birmingham: The CAB can offer support and advice in a variety of areas, including benefits, debt, work, disabilities, housing and immigration. http://www.bcabs.org.uk/
- Women’s Aid: Support women and children affected by domestic violence and abuse. https://bswaid.org/
- The Waiting Room: This website details services for a variety of issues across Birmingham and Solihull, including support for carers disability support, sexuality, housing and abuse. https://the-waitingroom.org/
- Please also note we are unable to support you if you require help to reduce alcohol or drug intake. We would suggest you contact Change Grow Live who are able to provide this support: https://www.changegrowlive.org/drug-and-alcohol-service-birmingham