Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust return to practice page for Allied Health Professionals.
- Have you previously been registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)?
- Have you been out of practice for more than two years?
- Are you a qualified AHP but never practiced your profession?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to update your knowledge and skills and return to the register?
- Are you unsure what to do next and need more information?
We can help!
At BSMHFT we welcome enquiries from professionals who wish to return to practice. Our aim is to provide you with an opportunity to undertake supervised clinical practice to refresh your knowledge and skills, and rebuild your confidence so that you can apply to return to the HCPC register. We can offer this in a way that suits your needs – this could be through a placement route that offers greater flexibility or through a paid fixed term contract.
Financial support is available from HEE of up to £800 to cover your expenses such as courses, other learning opportunities, travel, books, or childcare etc.
In order to become registered with the HCPC you will be required to complete a minimum number of hours:
|Time out of practice / unregistered
|Minimum time required to update
skills and knowledge
|Up to 2 years
2 to 5 years
Over 5 years
|No requirement needed
30 days (210 hours)
60 days (420 hours)
For further information on returning to practice please click on the links below:
- HCPC Returning to Practice web pages (hcpc-uk.org)
- Health Education England (HEE) Return to Practice web pages (hee.nhs.uk)
Please note: if you have any fitness/condition to practice issues cited against you by the HCPC you would not be eligible to return to practice.
For additional information and enquiries please email us on: email@example.com