The service provides a highly supervised and structured environment for the care and treatment of women in conditions of medium secure care. All the women are detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended in 2007) and have a history of actual or potential harm to other people.
Who uses our service
The service is provided to service users within the West Midlands region, and accepts referrals of female service users with severe and enduring mental illness and personality disorder who require rehabilitation in a highly supervised and structured medium-secure setting.
How we can help
The service provides:
- Assessment, care planning and outcome measurement
- Crisis management
- Multidisciplinary intervention
- Community-based therapeutic activity
- Occupational therapy
- Physical health assessment and interventions
- Psychological therapies
- Screening, assessment and intervention for substance use
- Risk management and interventions to treat offending behaviour
- Real work opportunities and vocational education from First Step Trust
- Contribution to the shared care pathway
- Collaborative care underpinned by the recovery principles
- 24 hour nursing care
How to access our services
Service users are referred from a variety of sources. These include clinical teams within the wider provider network, other secure facilities and those in the independent sector.
Information for visitors and carers
Please click the link below to access visiting and contact details for the site: